Way to Grow!
Elk Rapids Schools is proud to be able to offer families with children from newborn to five years old the Way To Grow! program. The first years of a child’s life are vitally important and Way To Grow! supports families with young children by providing opportunities, resources and information. This program invites families to become a part of our schools as soon as a child is born. Play groups at both Lakeland and Mill Creek Elementary provide opportunities for parents to connect with each other, children to socialize and play and information to be shared. Our Way To Grow! coordinator, Joann Miracle, is available to assist parents by providing information and connecting them to resources in our community.
Covid-19 Play Group Guidelines
Playgroups will look a little different this year. Many of our playgroups will be outside. We are hoping that this winter or early spring we will be able to have a few indoor playgroups also.
- We will ask for you to register for the playgroups, to make sure we have enough supply on hand to minimize sharing of supplies.
- We will require all adults to wear a mask at our activities unless outdoors and social distancing.
- Only one adult per child can attend activities.
- Currently we will not alternate schools as we will do on location nature and outdoor venues.
- We ask that if you or your child feels under the weather, that you stay home.
- Older siblings (at home learning students) are not permitted to participate or attend any Way to Grow playgroups.
- Google forms will be emailed and posted on facebook for playgroup registration.
- Sign in will be electronic this year on the day of the playgroup.
Joann Miracle, Coordinator
Elk Rapids Way To Grow!
Office: 231-264-8289, ext. 4153,
Email: [email protected]
All Way To Grow! sponsored programs are free!
If Elk Rapids Schools are closed due to inclement weather, Way To Grow! activities will be also be canceled.