Principal: Michael Travis
Secretaries: Lacey Straight
Attendance: 231-264-8108 x3119
High School Art Classes
Elk Rapids High School prides itself on having a strong fine arts program.
Here we offer a wide range of courses such as Art IA and IIA (Drawing), Art IB and IIB (Painting), Pottery I (Functional and Sculptural Pottery), Multicultural Arts and Crafts, and Honors Art I and II. We also offer the opportunity for advanced students to join our National Arts Honors Society. NAHS is a group of students that work together to set up art shows, travel to art museums and study artists work, and work on other school related projects.
Some of the shows that Elk Rapids Art Students will be involved in are as follows:
- National Art Honor Society Silent Art Auction
- Buy a bid number and get food, live music, and a chance to bid on great art pieces produced by the students.
- Goodwill – Reinvention Convention
- Community Business Murals - Throughout the community students have and will continue to paint murals designed from start to finish by the students.
- Business Expo
Students will have their art projects on display
- Northwestern Michigan Community College
- High School Art Contest
- Blue Heron
- Student Show
High School Performing Arts
Elk Rapids High School prides itself on having strong visual and performing arts programs.
Elk Rapids High School has a strong tradition of musical excellence with both Band & Choir.
We have a Jazz Band, Marching Band, Concert Band, Large Ensemble Choir (Maestoso Chanson), Advanced Vocal Group (Choral Ensemble), and an after-school Chamber Choir. All groups have received high ratings at festivals in the past at both district and state levels of festival.
We also have traveled quite a bit, with destinations all over Michigan and sometimes out of state. We have traveled to Chicago, Cedar Point, Toronto and New York City.
High School Clubs
Our ERHS Clubs:
- Dance Squad
- National Art Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- Science Olympiad
- Student Council