AP Honors Academy
Are you looking for something more? Do you want more academic rigor, a more challenging curriculum, more project based learning, and a high school diploma of distinction?
- Students can become part of an elite co-hort of learners with shared aspirations for future academic and career success.
- Students can graduate with “distinction”–designated on their diploma and demarcated by special honor cords – by completing four Advanced Placement (AP) classes and sitting for four AP exams.
- All eleven AP Courses oﬀered at ERHS as well as an approved online AP oﬀerings will utilize the 4.33/4.00 weighted grading scale as opposed to the standard 4.00/4.00 grading applied to all other courses at ERHS.
- Additional benefits are realized during the college application and admissions processes.
Current AP Offerings at ERHS:
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Statistics & Probability
- AP Calculus AB
- AP English Language & Comp
- AP English Literature & Comp
- AP U.S. History
- AP World History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Studio Art
Additional AP Courses may be offered online through Michigan Virtual High School.
Advanced Placement (AP Courses) are certified by the College Board and students that pass the AP Exam with a qualifying score are eligible for college credit at most colleges and universities in the nation. Qualifying scores vary by institution.
Those students that have taken and passed a minimum of 4 AP courses will be recognized at Senior Honors Night and will graduate with “distinction”.
Sophomores may enroll in AP US History, and/or AP World History, and/or AP Biology, and/or AP Psychology, and/or AP Computer Science Principles if prerequisite courses have been successfully completed and seats are available. Seniors and Juniors are given preferential scheduling into AP courses.
For more information contact:
Michael J. Travis, Principal