Principal: Bryan McKenna
Secretaries: Beth Veeder, Elaine DiGiovanni
Parent Teacher Organization
What is Lakeland PTO?
We are a nonprofit group of parents, teachers, and staff working together to support the educational experience of the students at Lakeland Elementary School.
Our Mission Statement
“Our mission is to develop a partnership between home, school and the community so that we may cooperate with care and intelligence in the education of our children.”
Who can join PTO?
Any parent or guardian of a current Lakeland student as well as all current faculty and staff.
How do I become a member?
Complete a membership form and pay the yearly registration dues of a suggested $55 per student. It is never too late to join!
Membership dues can be submitted online through our secure Paypal payment portal.
Dues may also be submitted directly to the school. Please make checks payable to Lakeland PTO. If you'll be submitting Membership Dues in cash, please place inside an envelope and write Lakeland PTO on the envelope with your first and last name. Cash envelopes should be turned into the main office.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Joining the PTO Gives You a Voice: Vote on PTO business, run for office, and let others know what is important to you
- Get Connected: Meet and get to know other parents, teachers, and staff, share ideas, concerns, and experiences
- Make a Difference: Put your skills and experience to use and make a positive impact on your child’s school experience and the experience of all students and staff at Lakeland, support building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social/family events, field trips, and many other enrichment opportunities
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
If I join the PTO, what am I committing to?
The short answer is, nothing! You can be as involved as your time and interest allows. Just by paying your membership dues you are making a financial contribution to the PTO that helps us support Lakeland. We have many volunteer opportunities throughout the school year that are event specific (ex: Fall Festival) and yearlong (ex: classroom rep). We also hold monthly board meetings that are open to the public. Every contribution you make directly impacts the students and staff at Lakeland Elementary.
What does PTO fund and support?
- Grade level field trips
- School assemblies
- Playground equipment
- School supplies for ALL Lakeland students
- Teaching supplies as requested by staff
- School events such as Fall Festival, Holiday Festival, Variety Show
- March is Reading Month event/book donations
- So Much More!
How can I help raise funds and support the PTO?
- Become a member – by paying your membership dues you are financially supporting the PTO
- Attend PTO events
- Save your Village Market Community Cash
- Purchase gift cards from the Raise Right App
- Volunteer your time and talents
Purchase Spirit wear to support the PTO!
20% of your purchase goes to the PTO! Click here to browse and purchase merchandise.
Don’t see what you were looking for?
Follow Lakeland PTO on Facebook
2022/23 PTO EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICERS
President: Melinda Smith
Vice-President: Amanda Merchant
Treasurer: Lindsey Toelle
Secretary: Jen Reffitt
Membership: Emily Petrovich / Lauren Dake
Committees: Ellie Kirkpatrick / Kelsey Ward
Publications: Kelly Haggerty / Rachel Jarosz
Room Reps: Carrie Markham / Cherisa Kuznicki
Teacher Rep: Emily White
Principal: Bryan McKenna
2022-23 Meeting Dates
4:15 -5:15 in Lakeland Staff Room
- September 27th
- October 25th
- November 29th
- January 31st
- February 28th
- March 21st
- April 25th