Parent Teacher Organization
Our Mission Statement
“Our mission is to develop a partnership between home, school and the community so that we may cooperate with care and intelligence in the education of our children.”
What is Lakeland PTO?
We are a nonprofit group of parents, teachers, and staff working together to support the educational experience of the students at Lakeland Elementary School.
Who can join PTO?
Any parent or guardian of a current Lakeland student as well as all current faculty and staff.
How do I become a member?
Complete a membership form and pay the yearly registration dues of $ per family. It is never too late to join! Membership form
What are the benefits of membership?
- Joining the PTO Gives You a Voice
- Vote on PTO business, run for office, and let others know what is important to you
- Get Connected
- Meet and get to know other parents, teachers, and staff
- Share ideas, concerns, and experiences
- Make a Difference
- Put your skills and experience to use and make a positive impact on your child’s school experience and the experience of all students and staff at Lakeland
- Support building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social/family events, field trips, and many other enrichment opportunities
- Be a Role Model
- By becoming a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
If I join the PTO, what am I committing to?
The short answer is, nothing! You can be as involved as your time and interest allows. Just by paying your membership dues you are making a financial contribution to the PTO that helps us support Lakeland. We have many volunteer opportunities throughout the school year that are event specific (ex: Fall Festival) and yearlong (ex: classroom rep). We also hold monthly board meetings that are open to the public. Every contribution you make directly impacts the students and staff at Lakeland Elementary.
What does PTO fund and support?
- Grade level field trips
- School assemblies
- Playground equipment
- School supplies for ALL Lakeland students
- Teaching supplies as requested by staff
- School events such as Fall Festival, Holiday Festival, Variety Show
- March is Reading Month event/book donations
- So Much More!
How can I help raise funds and support the PTO?
- Become a member – by paying your membership dues you are financially supporting the PTO
- Attend PTO events
- Purchase spirit wear – 20% of your purchase goes to the PTO
- Save your Village Market Community Cash
- Purchase gift cards from the Raise Right App
- Volunteer your time and talents
Don’t see what you were looking for?
2021/22 PTO EXECUTIVE BOARD OFFICERS
President: Melinda Smith
Vice-President: Katrina Childs
Treasurer: assignment pending
Secretary: Jen Springstead
Membership: Jennifer Snyder / Emily Petrovich
Committees: Melanie Crawford / Ellie Kirkpatrick
Publications: Kelly Haggerty
Room Reps: Amanda Merchant / Carrie Markham
Teacher Rep: Katie Veith
Principal: Bryan McKenna
Board Member: Rachel Jarosz
2021-22 Meeting Dates
4:15 -5:15 in Lakeland Staff Room
- October 20
- November 17
- January 19
- February 16
- March 16
- April 20